Camelback Lodge & Indoor Waterpark – Facts & Features
In Spring 2015 the new 453-suite Camelback Lodge & Indoor Waterpark will open its doors at the base of Camelback Mountain in Tannersville, Pa. The eight-story hotel is designed in a mountain-modern style architecture and will feature a 125,000 square-foot highly-themed, indoor adventure waterpark. It will be the largest in the Northeastern US, with dining options, luxury spa and conference space. Combined with Camelback’s winter operations, outdoor waterpark, tree-top adventure center and snowtubing park and now the $163 million lodge and waterpark destination, Camelback Mountain Resort will soon be the most interactive resort in the U.S.A.
- Largest capital improvement in the history of Camelback Mountain Resort
- Largest indoor waterpark resort ever constructed in the U.S. in a single phase
- 25-acre development site
- 533,000 square feet of contruction
- Scheduled to open February 2015
- Eight-story, mountain-modern style architecture
- Two-story grand lobby
- 453 guest suites offering 20 configurations
- Nearly 170,000 square-foot indoor family entertainment
- Four restaurants, including ski-in ski-out bar and outdoor patio at mountain base
- 25,000 square feet of meeting and conference space
- 125,000 square-foot, highly-themed, indoor adventure waterpark – the largest Entertainment in the eastern U.S.
- Innovative Texlon transparent roof allowing natural daylight year-round
- 30,000 square-foot indoor dry park
- bowling and lazer maze
- Two levels of water features
- Seven pools including recreation, adventure river, kids’ and wavepool
- 19 slides and rides of various thrill levels
- FlowRider indoor surfing experience
- Interactive water play centers
- Private cabanas
- Swim up bar
- Food & beverage service
- Family arcade and game center
- Indoor ropes course, nine-hole mini-golf, two-story lazer tag arena, mini
- Kids’ club activity center
- Private birthday party rooms
Reservations: For more information, to order a gift card, or to make advanced reservations call 855-515-1283
Ownership: The Camelback Lodge & Indoor Waterpark ownership group is a partnership comprised Arthur Berry III and Ken Ellis, co-owners of Camelback Mountain Resort and Camelbeach Waterpark, and Tim Gantz, Pete Helland Jr., Tim Lucke and Pat Helland of Waterpark Ventures Management Services, LLC (WVMS), a first-class resort and waterpark development and management company that helped develop and is co-owner of the largest indoor waterpark resort property in the U.S. Arthur Berry III and Ken Ellis first met on the Saratoga, NY campus of Skidmore College in 1982. Through their friendship they formed a vision to start a business together that would bring fun to the lives of their friends and guests alike. Their vision became a reality when they purchased Camelback Mountain Resort in June 2005. The resort has seen substantial growth in just eight short years of ownership and the biggest venture lies ahead during the 50th Camelback Lodge will begin to take shape as the largest indoor waterpark resort under construction in the Northeastern US. Featuring 453 guest suites, this highly themed 125,000 square-foot indoor adventure waterpark is the single greatest capital investment in the history of Camelback.
Management: WVMS will oversee development and operations of Camelback Lodge & Indoor Waterpark. Comprised of four partners with a long legacy in the indoor and outdoor waterpark and entertainment industry, Tim Gantz, Pete Helland Jr., Tim Lucke and Pat Helland are no strangers to grand-scale waterpark resorts. Hailing from Wisconsin Dells, Wis., the “Waterpark Capital of the World,” each partner brings substantial experience, among them the former owner and operator of America’s Largest Outdoor Waterpark, Noah’s Ark. More recently, WVMS developed and manages the 716 key Wilderness at the Smokies Resort in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., and helped develop and is co-owner of the largest indoor waterpark resort property in the U.S., Wilderness Resort in the Wisconsin Dells, Wis.